Highlands, East and Heritage Tour
This tour is most suitable for the “off-season” in the west coast (between May and October) as it is the season in the east coast with no prevailing monsoons. It provides the visitor with almost everything that Sri Lanka offers although not set in the standard touring circuit.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Large Group
- Air conditioned transportation with services of English speaking guide/chauffeur.
- For groups over 7pax, the services of a National Tourist Guide Lecturer.
- Entrance fees to the sites/attractions mentioned in itinerary (excluding Sigiriya Rock Fortress).
- Jeep Hires for Safaris at Minneriya and Wilpattu National Parks.
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya Rock Fortress (approx US$ 33pp) which is payable direct at the site.
- White-water rafting activity (approx US 20pp) which is payable direct to activity center.
- Any Private Expenses
- Tips and Porterage
Colombo - Kitulgala - Nuwara Eliya
Morning leave for Nuwara Eliya in the heart of the tea country travelling through misty mountains and emerald tea gardens. Lunch at Kitulgala. Overnight at Nuwara Eliya.
Nuwara Eliya - Kandy (by train)
Morning sightseeing in Nuwara Eliya including Hakgala Botanical Gardens. Afternoon – proceed to Kandy (optional train ride) after visiting a tea estate & factory. Overnight at Kandy.
Kandy - Paasikudah
Morning enjoy Sri Lanka’s most beautiful city. Visit the Dalada Maligawa, the golden roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of The Buddha. Proceed to proceed to Paasikudah. At Leisure on the beach. Overnight at Paasikudah
Relax at Paasikudah
Whole day relax at the beach with optional beach activities including snorkeling, kayaking etc. Overnight at Paasikudah.
Paasikudah - Polonnaruwa - Sigiriya
Morning – proceed to Polonnaruwa. Sightseeing tour of the Mediaeval Capital. Lunch in Polonnaruwa. Proceed to Sigiriya en route optional game safari of the Minneriya National Park. Overnight at Sigiriya.
Sigiriya - Anuradhapura
Morning visit 5 c.Sigiriya Rock Fortress and proceed to Anuradhapura. Afternoon tour of the Ancient Capital. Overnight at Anuradhapura.
Anuradhapura - Wilpattu - Colombo
Early Morning – Leave for a game drive at the Wilpattu National Park with a packed breakfast. Afternoon depart to Colombo OR Colombo Airport via Puttalam.
|1||Nuwara Eliya||Araliya Green Hills||https://www.araliyagreenhills.com/|
|5||Sigirya||Kassapa Lion’s Rock||http://www.kassapalionsrock.com/|
- If any of the above hotels are not available for the specific dates of the tour alternate hotels of the similar category will be made available in the same overnight destination.
- All hotels are booked on the Halfboard meal plan.
- Peak period Supplements will be applicable as given in the tour rates.